Um zwei gleiche Dinge zu vergleichen verwendet man:
as + Anzahl angebendes Adjektiv + (Nomen) + as
Welches Mengenadjektiv Sie verwenden hängt davon ab, ob das Nomen zählbar oder unzählbar ist.
Verwenden Sie as many und as few mit zählbaren Nomen. Beachten Sie, dass das Nomen, falls es sich aus dem Kontext erschliesst, wie im letzten Beispiel weggelassen werden kann.
- They have as many children as we do.
- We have as many customers as they do.
- Tom has as few books as Jane.
- There are as few houses in his village as in mine.
- You know as many people as I do.
- I have visited the States as many times as he has.
- I have three brothers. That's as many as you have. ("brothers" is understood)
Verwenden Sie as much oder as little mit unzählbaren Nomen. Beachten Sie, dass das Nomen, falls es sich aus dem Kontext erschliesst, wie im letzten Beispiel weggelassen werden kann.
- John eats as much food as Peter.
- Jim has as little patience as Sam.
- You've heard as much news as I have.
- He's had as much success as his brother has.
- They've got as little water as we have.
- I'm not hungry. I've had as much as I want. ("food" is understood)